HAPPY 2016 EVERYONE! I am excited to share La Brisa’s 2015 in Review with all of you!
2015 by the numbers for La Brisa Photography
- $7,967.90 amount donated to Nathan Shoemaker’s medical expenses, Ruben Padilla’s medical expenses and Nepal earthquake relief efforts with the help of our photographer friends through Photography for a Cause!
- 67,532 total visits to www.labrisaphotography.com
- 194,041 total page views to www.labrisaphotography.com
- 129 countries visited www.labrisaphotography.com
- 9,020 Facebook fans – www.facebook.com/labrisaphotography
- 232 La Brisa Blog Posts
- 54 Weddings by the La Brisa team
- 3 Weddings by Autumn ~ Kansas and Missouri
- 24 Weddings by me ~ Costa Rica, California, Kansas, Texas, Arizona, Florida, Indiana, New Jersey, Missouri, Lincoln, Illinois, Rhode Island, Wisconsin
- 13 Weddings by Emma ~ Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Illinois
- 16 Weddings by Sarah ~ Kansas, Nebraska, Ohio, Colorado, Missouri
- 38 Attraction Sessions ~ Two people in love
- 49 Joy Sessions ~ Maternity and Family Relationships
- 23 Style Sessions ~ High School Senior, College Senior and Model Photography
- 5 Aspiring Photographer Workshops (APW)
- 12 winners of our La Brisa APW Monthly Photography Competitions
In 2015, La Brisa started out like this…
By the end of 2015, La Brisa looked like this…
For 2015, our goal was to focus on FREEDOM. Freedom to explore new opportunities. Freedom in our schedules. Freedom to maintain past relationships and to build new ones. Freedom to live a more balanced life. Freedom to say no. Freedom to take chances. Freedom to make choices without regrets. To say that we lived that out would be an understatement. 2015 produced the launch of we chase the light, Sarah Gudeman Photography and Emma York Photography! Autumn, Sarah and Emma saw their window of opportunity and leapt. I am incredibly thankful for their numerous and unselfish contributions to La Brisa and to me. Please check out their new photography websites as their work has grown exponentially this year. Though I will miss working with a team, I am ridiculously excited for their new businesses! For the first time since 2008, I’m the only La Brisa photographer and I am ecstatic.
2015 included so many changes for La Brisa and for me. When I moved from Arizona to Texas in February, I thought that that would be my biggest challenge for the year. Little did I know, that that would be the easiest obstacle for me to handle. In March, I photographed the largest and potentially most important wedding in La Brisa history. Then in June, we announced that Autumn will be leaving to start We Chase the Light! August was when my father-in-law, Ruben, was diagnosed with Esophageal Cancer. October was when we announced that Sarah will be leaving to start Sarah Gudeman Photography! November was when we announced that Emma will be leaving to start Emma York Photography! Then finally in December, we found out that Ruben was no longer a candidate for surgery to rid the cancer from his body. Between weddings, commercial shoots and visits to Ruben, I traveled over 72,000 miles via air in 2015 which is the most I’ve ever flown since the start of La Brisa. In between all of that, I photographed 80+ weddings, commercial shoots and portrait sessions. Whew. What a year! Even though 2015 was thoroughly challenging and unexpected, I am excited for how it mentally strengthened me and improved my photography and my business. For 2016, my focus is on HOPE. Hope for the future. Hope for growth. Hope for change. Hope for new opportunities. And hope for clarity.
Thank you to all La Brisa clients! Thank you for allowing us to seamlessly transition from a four photographer business into just little ol me with your unwavering trust. Your reviews, your referrals to your friends and the ways you interact via social media are humbling and greatly appreciated. Over the next few days this week, I will be sharing my favorite images of 2015! Get excited everyone! =)
Top 10 Blog Posts of 2015 based on visits!
1) We Will Miss You Kira!
Check out our latest TOP TEN! post…TOP TEN Reasons Why I am Thankful for Photography!
Check out our latest Dear La Brisa post…Dear Engaged Couples: “How to Dress for Your Attraction Session” by Emma York!