We are writing a series of Top Ten lists in hopes of helping clients, photographers, vendors and others based on our experiences. Today, we are sharing our top ten reasons for a bride and groom to do a first look on their wedding day!
Top Ten reasons for a First Look!
- Perfect Moment: during a wedding day there are few opportunities where things slow down for the bride and groom. Immediately after the first look, all wedding stress and anxiety goes away and the bride and groom can intimately and authentically enjoy each other.
- Privacy: The bride and groom will be able to spend time together away from guests, family members, etc. They can laugh, cry and share gifts with each other without being in front of hundreds of guests.
- Cocktail Hour/Reception: The bride and groom have the opportunity to attend their cocktail hour and/or reception promptly so that they can spend more time with all of their family and friends.
- Modern Traditional: The history behind not seeing each other beforehand dates back to arranged marriages so that the groom could not call off the wedding after seeing his new bride for the first time.
- Calming Effect: The stress and anxiety of a wedding are overwhelming and so a first look allows the bride and groom to allay their nerves and start their celebration of commitment and love.
- Ceremony: The bride and groom are typically more emotional during the wedding processional because the anxiety and jitters of seeing each other are already gone and they can focus on the joy and excitement of their actual ceremony.
- Creativity: The bride and groom have an opportunity to showcase their creativity or utilize sentimental location(s) that would not be possibly otherwise.
- Beauty: The first look occurs immediately after the bride and groom finish getting ready and so hair, makeup, flowers, the gown and suits are at their freshest and most awesome.
- Photography: Without needing to wait for the end of the ceremony to start photos, the bride and groom have the opportunity for a more diverse and creative set of phenomenal portraits together.
- Relationship: Brides and grooms plan their intricate wedding details for numerous months and so they should spend as much time together to enjoy their wedding day!
What do you love about first looks? Please let us know!