In Sarah’s words…
“After a weekend of tubing on a lake in Austin, I was rubbing my sore pectoral muscles and found a mass in my right breast. I immediately made an appointment with my doctor and after two weeks of tests I was diagnosed with stage IIa triple negative breast cancer in September 2016 at only 31 years of age. I finished my residency in Veterinary Internal Medicine in July 2016 and had only been practicing as an Internist for a couple of months before being diagnosed. I had plans to marry my fiancé, Andy, in March 2017. Since being diagnosed, we decided to get married at the courthouse in downtown San Diego and push our bigger ceremony until after all of my treatments are completed. I have undergone two rounds of chemotherapy and have about 4.5 months of chemotherapy left. Surgery will be scheduled about 4-6 weeks after finishing chemotherapy to remove what is left of the tumor and then radiation will follow. The entire process should take about a year.”
In Andy’s words…
“Sarah was recently diagnosed with stage IIa ductal carcinoma (breast cancer that has not spread). She has been poked and prodded and scanned and biopsied on a nearly daily basis for 3 weeks straight to come to the final diagnosis. It has been excruciating to watch her go through all of this while there is nothing I can do to take away all of the pain, discomfort or fear that she is experiencing. All I can do is be with her and help her to get through this the best that I can.
We moved up our wedding to a small ceremony at the courthouse in downtown San Diego ahead of the start of Sarah’s chemotherapy treatment on 10/18. We were able to get both of our families out for the ceremony and we are so grateful to all of them for what they have done for us and the support they have given us. We still plan to have a more formal ceremony, but it isn’t certain if it can still happen when we originally planned it or if it will be delayed.
We would also like to thank all of our friends and family who have helped Sarah get to the doctor when I haven’t been able to, been so understanding with her and my work schedule and who have sent gifts, prayers and good thoughts our way over the past 2 weeks. It has been so amazing the outpouring of support that we have received. Sarah’s prognosis is quite good with the stage of cancer and the chemotherapy regimen that she has started. While it is a very scary thing to have to go through, we have much to be hopeful and grateful about.”
Breast Cancer Awareness!
- In 2016, there will be 246,550 new cases of invasive breast cancer and 40,450 breast cancer deaths. ~ ww5.komen.org
- Women ages 15-54 die more frequently from breast cancer than any other cancer. ~ National Cancer Institute
- Compared to older women, young women generally face more aggressive cancers and lower survival rates. ~ American Cancer Society
- One in eight women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime. ~ www.nationalbreastcancer.org
- Breast Cancer Risk Assessment Tool by the National Cancer Institute. Knowledge is power!
- Each year, approximately 70 thousand men and women age 15-39 are diagnosed with cancer in the US. Breast Cancer is the most common cancer for women in this age group. ~ National Cancer Institute
- On average, every 2 minutes a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer and 1 woman will die of breast cancer every 13 minutes. ~ www.nationalbreastcancer.org
- Over 2.8 million breast cancer survivors are alive in the United States today. ~ www.nationalbreastcancer.org
How to Purchase Photographs!
The photographs are available for purchase from today through Monday, December 5th at www.photographyforacause.com! 100% of profits will be donated to Sarah to help pay for her medical expenses. All print orders should be delivered before Christmas regardless of the shipping option you select. That’s right, these photographs are perfect Christmas presents! Prices start at $6 for a 4″x6″ and a 30″x40″ starts at only $105! Please help me, help Sarah by purchasing my fine art photographs!
- Go to www.photographyforacause.com
- Click on the gallery Chris Hsieh of La Brisa Photography
- Scroll down through the images and select the photograph(s) you’d like to purchase
- In the lower right corner of the page, click “BUY”
- If you’d like to purchase multiple images, click “Photos from this Gallery”
- If you’d like to purchase one specific image, click “This Photo”
- Select Wall Art (Canvas = photo is printed on heavy duty canvas and wrapped around wood frame, ready to hang, Mounted = photo is mounted on 2mm thick lightweight gatorboard, matboard or styrene or Standout = photo is mounted lightweight foam banded with a black edge, ready to hang) or Paper Prints
- Select the print size
- Select a finish: Lustre = matte finish and Metallic = glossy finish on metallic paper (my recommendation for these images!)
- Click “Add to Cart”
- Upon checkout, you designate where you want the photographs to be shipped
- Keep adding as many photographs as you’d like and then pay securely with your credit card when you’re ready to checkout!
Sarah wants to remind you that “everyone needs to feel their boobs!” Thanks so much for supporting Sarah’s journey and for sharing with others to help raise breast cancer awareness!
Samples of the available photographs for purchase! View all of the images at www.photographyforacause.com
Sarah and Andy kissing at sunset – San Diego, CA (Click on the description to purchase that photograph!)
Century Tree at Texas A&M – College Station, TX(Click on the description to purchase that photograph!)
Wyoming Bison – Jackson Hole, WY(Click on the description to purchase that photograph!)
Emerald Bay at Sunrise – Lake Tahoe, CA(Click on the description to purchase that photograph!)
Cherry Blossoms at Sunrise – Washington, DC(Click on the description to purchase that photograph!)
White Sands National Monument – New Mexico(Click on the description to purchase that photograph!)
Check out my latest TOP TEN! post…TOP TEN Reasons Why I am Thankful for Photography!
Check out my latest Dear La Brisa post…Dear Photographers: “How To Prepare For Your First Wedding” By Chris Hsieh!
Interested in scheduling your Wedding or Portrait Session with me? Want to separate your business from your competition via The Why Experience? Fill out my Contact Me form by clicking HERE because I’d love to welcome you to the La Brisa Family!